Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Friday, February 27, 2015

Week 4 - Thank the Maker

"Thank the Maker" - in the original Star Wars movie, C3P0 gets an oil bath and he says "Thank the Maker" when he goes down into the oil bath.

I have almost been out for a month!  What the flip?!  The time sure does fly.  I can't believe it.
Anyways, like last week and probably the next several weeks to come, there is little to report about the goings-on here at the MTC.
I am continuing to grow in my testimony and knowledge and understanding of the gospel.  I have been able to pick up Korean really well and I can teach the entire message of the Restoration and am working on the Plan of Salvation.  The gift of tongues is for real people.  I am so thankful for this.
So other stuff that happened...
I hosted again yesterday and actually hosted three elders!  One of the elders I hosted was from Beaverton going to Texas Spanish-speaking.  That was really cool.
Elder Schilling from my district, go sent Cafe Rio via the mail from his grandma.  How in the world?!  This is probably the craziest care package I will ever see.  
The highlight of the week though was Friday.  On Friday, everyone in the district had the opportunity to teach a real-life Korean investigator through the the TRC teaching program they have at the MTC.  Pretty much they have volunteers from the area who speak your language come and you teach them.  They're usually members but one of the members brought her non-member friend with her.  It was amazing and way better and more fulfilling than teaching the fictional investigator characters that our teachers take on.  
Bottom line:  Serving a mission is the best decision I have ever made.  If you're contemplating, just do it.  It'll be worth it no matter where you go.  
Love and miss y'all!
우르분을 사랑합니다!
Love,
Elder Huck
P.S.  I got a card reader so I will start uploading pictures (Thank you parents!).  Oh, and I got some rad PDX socks.

 Chad and his District
 First night with his roommates
 His desk space - Don't forget to "Pop" on your knees when you need some help.  :)

And his sleeping arrangements in the MTC.  You thought dorms were tight????

No comments:

Post a Comment