Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Week 3 - Our First Catch of the Day

"Our First Catch of the Day" from The Empire Strikes Back.  (Derrick's translation...) It's when an Imperial Officer says this to another in reference to the Rebels evacuating Hoth.

And know that Chad has yet to send us a single picture.  Note to self (future Missionary parents)... at the Provo MTC, apparently you need to have a USB cord that goes from your camera to the computer or a card reader.  Chad will get his card reader in the mail tomorrow.  Hopefully we will then get a slew of pictures.  For now... pictures that I have stolen from other peoples' emails/blogs.  :) 

This week has been pretty run-of-the-mill.  I think that the next 6 weeks will probably pretty ordinary as well and I will have little to report. 

It's sad to say but one of the highlights of the week was that we got to ride a bus.  More specifically, we got to ride the bus to a place where our branch was testing out a mock-up MTC classroom of the future.  It was so rad!  We got to ride on a bus to a building that looked like a giant marshmallow!  Wow!  When I walked into the mock-up classroom, I felt like I was walking into an Ikea!  Modern interior design!  Wow!  They had 80-inch TVs!  I know what my tithing money's going towards!  Wow!  Excitement!

On Monday the oldest batch of Korean elders and sisters headed out.  It was kind of weird to see them go and realize that we've been here for three weeks now.  On Wednesday though, we got a new batch of Korean elders and sisters.  I haven't really gotten to know any of them but apparently one of them served in the navy for four years or something like that.  Pretty interesting.

Besides that, yesterday I got to host new missionaries for the first time.  It was pretty cool.  I didn't get to host anybody besides a sister who Elder Eads and I helped out for a little bit until another sister showed up to take her to her room.  there were so many freakin' sisters that came in yesterday!  It was awesome!  I think that there are almost 50% sisters at the MTC right now!  Times are a changin'!

Anyways, my Korean is coming along great!  I am so grateful for all of the love and support that I've been getting from everyone!  I know that this work is the Lord's work and I am getting so excited to go to Korea and preach to the people!  It will be awesome!

Miss and love y'all!

Love,

Elder Huck

No comments:

Post a Comment