Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Week 2 - Adventure! Heh! Excitement! Heh! A missionary craves not these things!

Chad's title post this week references Yoda talking to Luke Skywalker, although substitute "Missionary" for "Jedi". :)


As I continue on through the MTC and become more adapted to the schedule, the days are beginning to blend together.  Yesterday I was feeling like I had said I had been here for a week yesterday which means...I've been here for two weeks.  Yes, two weeks.  Seven to go.  Anyways, all confusing sentences aside, I am still having a blast here at the MTC and am so glad that I have decided to serve a mission. 

This week has been pretty ordinary.  Probably the most interesting thing that happened was Elder Schilling's (one of the elders in my district) birthday was on Monday.  Since he's not really into the whole sugar scene, the rest of district stole bananas from the cafeteria over the course of a few days and then the sisters piled them on his desk before he got to class on his birthday.  It was really awesome to see his reaction, he had been having a rough few days so it was good to see him so happy.  He was absolutely thrilled.  I wish I could show pictures but the freakin computers don't have SD card readers.  Luckily, they just happen to sell the card readers in the MTC store!  Whaddaya know?!  It's a conspiracy I tell you!

So anyways...

Sunday was a very good day for me spiritually.  We had a devotion and then watched a talk by Elder Bednar, both about forgetting ourselves and serving the Lord.  The talk by Elder Bednar was truly exceptional.  Those of you who have been to the MTC within the past two years probably had the opportunity to watch it on Sunday movie night.  It's called "Character of Christ".  He talks heavily about forgetting ourselves and serving the Lord.  He told us continuously "A testimony is not enough!  You must be fully converted unto Christ!"  He then talks about trying as missionaries and saints in general to embody all of Christ's attributes no matter how difficult it may be at times because of our selfish, natural man state of mind.  We shouldn't get caught up in how many baptisms we get or our number of investigators, we need to be focused solely on doing to Lord's work.  My favorite part of the talk was when he said "You find yourself when you're not looking".  Those words stuck with me and I am going to try harder than ever to like Christ and forget myself to this great cause.

Anyways, love and miss y'all!

Called to serve!

Love,

Elder Huck

P.S.  Thank you to the Grants for sending me the Krispy Kremes!  That was so rad!  I did get a lot of people questioning me as to if a girl sent them due to the giant pink heart on the top and were disappointed when I told them no.

No comments:

Post a Comment