Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Week 1 - I Love You. I Know.



Oh... this makes my mama heart so happy!!!  He sounds so good and happy!!!

(Oh, and P.S, the titles of his emails will always start with a Star Wars quote.  So, from Derrick, "I Love You. I Know.", Princess Leia says "I Love You" and Han says "I Know".  Elder Huckvale wouldn't be Chad without this little Star Wars references.)  :)

This has been an incredible week.  The hardest times were without a doubt within the first few days of begin in the MTC and I'm sure there are harder times to come.  Before going into the MTC I said my final goodbyes to my family which was incredibly difficult for all of us.  Everyone was touched by the spirit so strongly and brought to tears (Except Reed, I don't think he fully comprehends what's going on).  I told everyone that I loved them and then I was whisked away.  That was easily the hardest part of this experience so far. 

After I got all of my materials, I went to my Korean classroom where I was immediately bombarded with Korean and had absolutely no idea what was going on.  It was weird.  My MTC companion, Elder Eads, and the rest of my district were waiting there.  Elder Eads is a really cool guy.  He is a foot taller and a hundred pounds more than me which is kind of weird but that's just how it's going to be a lot of the time I'm guessing. They are all so awesome.  All of them have a desire to serve the Lord. The other elders in the district are all going to Seoul South while all of the sisters and I are going to Seoul.  It's crazy to see how close we've come just after a week.  

The showers are divided so there are no worries there.  No "tree of life".  I do think that we are living in what used to be a sisters' dorm because the only urinals we have are stalls that have had the doors and toilet seats removed.  Apparently our building is like one of the most ghetto residence halls. 

I've seen David around the campus and he has left me a few treats including some of the "nectar of the gods" which was pretty rad.

Throughout the rest of the first day i had a few feelings of homesickness rush over me but I never allowed them to overwhelm me.  I just remembered why I was serving a mission and all of the fear was washed away.

The rest of this week has just been adjusting to the MTC and the schedule that I will have for the next 9 weeks of my mission and learning the basics of Korean.  I think that so far I am doing pretty well grasping the language.  It's actually been pretty easy for me to understand the basic sentence structures I've been taught so far and I can already pray pretty fluently but still make mistakes here and there.  It's unbelievable how far I've come come in just a week though.  The gift of tongues is definitely present.  

Spiritually, I have progressed exponentially.  I have been getting more out of the scriptures and have been relying on Heavenly Father so much more than I ever have and I have been able to recognize the blessings in my life as a result.  It is definitely going to be a great year and 51 weeks!

I Miss Everyone!

Love,

Elder Huck

P.S.  My p-day is on Thursday and you can e-mail me at chad.huckvale@myldsmail.net and I will try to e-mail you back but I only have an hour to respond to e-mails.

P.S.S.  Sorry that there aren't pictures.  I've taken some but I'm not sure how to upload them or if I'll be able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment