Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Week 8 - Your Destiny Lies Along a Different Path Than Mine

Title - Obi-Wan's last words to Luke when they part ways on the Death Star.

Hello Everyone!
 
Well, I'm heading off to Korea next week which is very exciting!  I got my travel plans on Friday!  Wow!  
 
The other elders in my district that I've spent the last eight weeks with are all going to Seoul South while I'm going to Seoul so that's kind of lame but it's cool.  I'll probably see them afterwards.
 
Elder Eads and I taught Yun Hwa on Friday again and she was just left confused by the end of the lesson so that was unfortunate.  Afterwards, our teacher, Brother Driggs, told us that Yun Hwa is afraid to pray about the Book of Mormon and to know that it's true.  Elder Eads and I prayed and fasted to know what Yun Hwa needs to hear.  It was a really cool experience.  The spirit prompted me that we need to tell Yun Hwa that while the things of this world will pass away in time, the gospel, the Atonement, and the love that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for us will never pass away.  I believe that this is what Yun Hwa needs to hear and I am really excited to teach her tomorrow.  Hopefully she will be able to feel the spirit and understand the importance of this gospel and the importance of following the Savior. 
 
Yesterday, Elder Eads and I had a really cool opportunity.  For those who have been to the MTC in the last probably 10 years, you probably remember what I will talk about.  On the first night at the MTC, the new missionaries gather together in a room and have a gospel discussion with an "investigator".  It's to help the new missionaries feel love for the people they teach and get to know them so that they can help them and invite them to come unto Christ.  For the first two investigators that the new missionaries taught, Elder Eads and I played the missionaries and we pretty much started the conversation with the investigator so that the new missionaries could take it from there.  We left after we got the conversation started and then we hid behind the stage to listen in on what these missionaries were saying to these investigators.  It made me think of our first night and how one girl started telling the poor guy about the three kingdoms and another started talking about the millennium and doctrine that I don't even think is true.  It was really awkward.  I remember that Elder Eads went up to one of the investigators and told him that he loved him and asked him to be baptized.  Aw, good times.  It really shows me how far we've come as missionaries and how much more in-tune with the spirit we are.  It was really cool.
 
I am so glad that I have decided to serve mission and I know for a fact that this is what I am supposed to be doing right now.  I have seen many things that are a testimony to me of this.  I know that there are people in Korea that I need to teach.  I know that this church is true and Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that he restored His church to the earth.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
 
Anyways, I'm really excited and nervous to go to Korea on Monday!  It's going to be so rad!
 
Love and miss ya'll
 
Called to Serve!
 
Love,
Elder Huck
 
P.S.  Go and listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir version of "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing!"  It is so amazing!  I feel the spirit so strongly when I listen to it!
 
 Travel plans to KOREA!!!!!
 Trying to pack up all our stuff!
 If you ever wondered if Chad could fit into luggage... now you know.  :)
 Check out all those washer and dryers!!
 Elder Eads created this make shift "cooler" for all their refreshing beverages.
 Eating squid jerky.  Yummy.
Elder Eads, Elder Huckvale and their first investigator, Yun Hwa.

No comments:

Post a Comment