Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Week 6 - How do you get so big eating food of this kind?

Title - Yoda says that to Luke when he tastes Luke's "protein bar". 
 
I'm on week what? Six? Seven? It's probably one of those.
 
The food is starting to get to me.
 
It's literally on a two-week or so rotation and it's getting really annoying eating the same exact things all of the time.  Don't get me wrong, the MTC is still great and the church is still true so it works out.
 
This week was actually pretty exciting.
 
On Friday, through TRC, Elder Eads and I had the opportunity to teach our real investigator, 영화 (Yong Hwa), again.  Hopefully, we will be able to teach her this Friday as well but we're not sure yet. It is so much more satisfying teaching real investigators than teaching our "progressing investigators" or the Korean-speaking members who volunteer to allow us to teach them through TRC.  I understand that doing role-playing is important, but it's not nearly as fulfilling as teaching someone who could actually be baptized.
 
On Sunday, we said goodbye to all of the Korean-bound elders and sisters who have been with us for the past six weeks.  We got pretty close to them over the past six weeks so it was difficult to say goodbye, but I'm also excited for them to begin this new journey of theirs.
 
Tuesday night for our devotional, we had a surprise speaker, none other than Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles!  It was awesome.  The devotional was being broadcasted to all of the MTC's in the world.  Anyways, he talked a lot about how we need to open our mouth and that when we are inviting and making commitments, we are fulfilling our purpose as missionaries and the way to be more successful is to be more faithful.  I really enjoyed the talk and am hopeful that we'll be able to hear at least one more apostle with conference coming up in a few weeks.
 
Yesterday, we got our Korean name tags.  They are so rad!  Mine is spelled 헉베일 which translates to Hok-bay-irl.  It is so cool.  I can't believe how close I am to actually going to Korea.  I can't believe that I am actually serving a mission after all of these years of preparing.  It's pretty unbelievable.
 
Anyways, I am so glad that I am serving a mission.   I encourage all of you who are of age and worthy to go.  You will not regret it.  There is no way to come closer to Heavenly Father and the Savior. 
 
Love and Miss Y'all!
 
Called to Serve!
 
Love,
Elder Huck
 
Elder Eads and I with the tripanionship that just left.  
Elder Barton and Elder Wilson are going to Taejon while Elder Okamoto is going to Vancouver, Canada 
Korean-Speaking.
 The District doing stuff.
 My new tags.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment