Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Week 105 - The Force Will Be With You Always

He's coming home (it really happens)!!!!  Thursday!  Yahoo!  Leaves Seoul at 7:30 pm on February 2nd and gets to Portland at 4:15 on February 2nd.  Talk about Groundhog Day!

Oh, and at the end of his email, he mentions his Homecoming Talk.  He will actually be talking in 3 weeks, Sunday, February 19th, at 1:00.  If you'd like the address, let me know!

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 12:44:22 +0900

Hello My Adoring Fans!
 
This is my last e-mail I'll be sending as a full-time missionary here in Korea.  
 
This week we celebrated a national holiday and Elder Fehlberg followed me around as I went from place to place visiting all of the people that have touched my life as I've served here.  I have come to love so many Church members, both active and not, as well as investigators and other non-members.  It's been a long hard week filled with a lot of stress, anxiety, and goodbyes.  It's just goodbye for now though.
 
We celebrated 설날 (Sol-lar) this week and it was really awesome!  We spent all Friday at our house deep cleaning and then went to a conference on Saturday.  At the conference they announced that the missionary schedule would be changing and in many ways, but most notably that P-day will now begin at 8am instead of doing studies and then going out.  Luckily, President Sonksen cut me some slack and gave my group going home and me one p-day according to the new schedule.  It's been awesome.  We were able to go to the 목욕탕 this morning.  I had to go with Elder Fehlberg and Elder Hipps once before I go home.  ㅋㅋㅋ
 
I am so grateful that I have been able to serve a mission and that I've been able to serve here in Korea.  I love the people of Korea and I have especially come to truly love and respect many of the members here in 상계 (Sanggye) as I've served here for the past 8 months.  I am excited for the day that I will be able to return here and see them again.
 
Serving a mission has been the greatest and most difficult experience of my life.  I think that before I came out I expected that by the end I would be just like this perfect man who would know absolutely everything about life and how to be married and raise a family.  Now that I reach the end, I realize that although I've changed a lot, I still have a long way to go.  As I rely on the Lord Jesus Christ---as I humble myself before Him, as He promises, He will make weak things become strong.  I may not know everything, or very many things, but I now more fully understand that I need my Savior every step along the way.  I love the Lord and this work.  I don't know what lies ahead, but as I "press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men", then the day will come where the Father shall welcome me into His presence and shall say unto me "Ye...have eternal life."
 
Love and Miss Y'all!
 
Called to Serve!
 
Love,
 
Elder Huckvale
 
P.S.  Come to my homecoming talk!  It's 2 weeks from now.  


Elder Huckvale and his AMAZING Ward Mission Leader, Brother Kim


Elder Fehlberg, Brother Kim, Elder Huckvale




Packing up!  Aaaaarrrrr!!!!!!


Elder Hipps, Fehlberg, Baird and Huckvale



My Two Sons - Elder Jung and Elder Fehlberg








 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment