Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Week 101 - The Attack Run

Title - In "Star Wars", during the climatic battle to destroy the Death Star, as Gold Leader leads his squadron of fighters into the trench, he says, "we are starting our attack run."

Pics - Subway fun; English class
 
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 12:46:22 +0900
Hello My Adoring Fans!
 
Happy New Year!
 
This week has been a pretty great one here in 상계 (Sanggye).  It was hard though.  I realized that for my entire mission I kind of saw my last Christmas as the end of mission.  I worked really heard up until that point.  For a few days there though, I had to refocus my energy and my effort and remember that I have one more month left to serve the Lord as a full-time missionary.  
 
끝까지 견딥시다!  (Let's endure to the end!)
 
This week we had our Christmas conference!  We focused on repentance and on the power of the Atonement not only being able to help us overcome our sins, but also being able to help us to carry our burdens and work through difficult times.  It was really good and I learned a lot!  I came to more fully-understand that the better-acquainted a missionary is with the Atonement, the better he will be able to teach about the Atonement.
 
On Saturday we had our Mini MTC!  It was awesome and almost all of the youth attended and had a great time.  I was in charge of one of the stations so I didn't get to explore that much, but all of the youth seemed to really enjoy it and their desire to do missionary work was strengthened.






 
On Sunday at church, we had a less-active brother come who we visited last week!  He came to church last week too.  We weren't able to visit him this week so we weren't sure if he would come, but to our surprise he came!  It was a really big miracle!  Also, one of the young men who graduated high school last year brought his friend to church!  It was super cool!  We're going over to his house tonight to do Family Home Evening and we invited his friend to go to.  We're really excited!  Also at night while we were streetboarding, the other elders team met a guy who is really prepared to hear the Gospel!  It's an exciting time!
 
During the Christmas conference, before the meeting began, I started to think about what would I say to someone who asked me why I served a mission.  I hadn't had many baptisms.  I hadn't even had that many investigators.  Why would I spend two years out on the streets proselyting and teaching people to return seemingly fruitless in my efforts to find, teach, and baptize?  I would say I did it because I know it's true.  I know that this is Jesus Christ's true Church restored to the earth.  He is the Savior and Redeemer of all mankind.
 
Love and Miss Y'all!
 
새해복 많이 받으세요!  (Receive many New Year's Blessings!)
 
Called to Serve!
 
Love,
 
Elder Huckvale



 

No comments:

Post a Comment