Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Week 104 - Now Let's Blow This Thing and Go Home!

Title - Con't. from last week...  "You're all clear, Elder! Now let's blow this thing and go HOME!!!!"

Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 13:46:55 +0900
Hello My Adoring Fans!
 
This is my second to last week serving as a full-time missionary here in Korea and it's so incredibly hard to believe how fast the time has gone.  
 
Anyways, serving here in Sanggye has been great!  We've been seeing a lot of miracles in the ward as we've become united as a district and with the members in our purpose of helping others to come unto Christ.  
 
On p-day, Elder Fehlberg and I decided to go down to the 경복궁 (Korean National) Palace in downtown Seoul.  It was awesome!  The rest of the week was spent visiting and spending time with the members, serving and teaching.  We have some really great investigators right now and we're really exciting to see them progress.  Our miracle investigator from last week who literally came to our church seeking after the "Pearl of Great Price" was out of town this week,  but we're going to meet him this week so we're excited.  Our grandpa investigator, Brother Kim, is doing great as well!  He came to church again this week and stayed for all three hours.  He's a talker though so we're still trying to figure out how we're going to teach him effectively.  We also found a new investigator this week who's in high school and his name is 김재현 and English name Lebron Kim (he likes bastketball) who is also really cool and very sincere.  It's been so awesome to see the miracles that happen as we've humbled ourselves and tried our best to follow the loving Example of our Lord Jesus Christ.  
  




 
Since I'm going home next week though, this week has also been filled with the first of many good byes.  There are also many more to come.  




 
I am so grateful for the blessings that have come as I've been able to serve the Lord here in Korea.  I am so excited for the future and glad that I worked my hardest and will continue to work my hardest until the end.  I know that there are a lot of lessons that would have remained unlearned if I had given up and gotten trunky.  Like I talked about last week, it's never too late to change.  I especially realized that this week as I've studied humility alongside with pride.  I have come to understand this week more than ever that God loves all of His children equally--all of the people that have lived, are living, and will live on this earth and all the other worlds which He has created.  He loves all of us equally, yet He loves us with an incomprehensible, unimaginable love.   
 
Love and Miss Y'all!
 
Called to serve!
 
Love,
 
Elder Huckvale


Elder Huckvale ran into the Kang's, one of his "adopted" Korean families.  So amazing!  They have been such a blessing for Elder Huckvale.  They are not members of the church, but their son (seen above) was a foreign exchange student with Elder Shepherd (one of Elder Huckvale's previous companions) and they adopted Elder Huckvale as well.  Love this so much!!!!







Celebrating Elder Fehlberg's birthday!


Beautiful snowy Korea!  I think we sent it all from Washington!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment