Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 52 (!!!!) - Apology Accepted, Elder Brantley

His year-mark is Thursday!  Can you believe it????

Title - In "The Empire Strikes Back", Darth Vader is trying to find the Millenium Falcon.  They thought they had it, but then it got away.  The Captain was apologizing to Darth Vader for losing the Millenium Falcon and Darth Vader chokes him to death.  After he dies, Darth Vader says, "Apology accepted, Captain Needa."  (We're assuming that Elder Huckvale did not choke his district leader though.)  :) 

Pics - His district (which got switched on Wednesday) - Elder Huckvale ("Yo Soy" he says), Elder Crisp, Elder Kim II, Elder Kim I, Sister You and Sister Allsbrook; Dream Forest Observatory Tower; some random guy that Elder Crisp and Elder Huckvale met on the street who wanted to take a picture with them first; where he was a year ago this week - the MTC!!!!

Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 12:58:40 +0900
Hello My Adoring Fans!
 
This week was so awesome!  We went to the Temple on Tuesday, had transfers on Wednesday, and were able to see lots of miracles.
 
Also, this week has also been very cold.  There's no snow, but it's still very cold.
 
On Monday since Elder Kim I and II were leaving, we went around and visited all of the people around the area that Elder Kim had become close with during his stay in 장위 (Jangwee).  At night a member named 박호룡 (Ho Ryong Bak) treated all of the elders in our ward to dinner at the meat buffet! It was so deliciously awesome. 
 
On Tuesday we went to the temple which was awesome (as usual).  Afterwards we went to an American-style buffet in the area called "Ashley" which was also quite delicious.  Then we rushed home so that we could do all of the p-day things that we needed to do and still have time to go to the Dream Forest Obsevatory Tower.  The tower looks really cool from the outside (I've sent pictures before), but the inside was kind of dissappointing to be honest.  The highest floor of the tower wasn't even open.  It's all good though, it was still fun.


The District (which changed on Wednesday) - 
Elder Huckvale (Yo Soy!), Elder Crisp, Elder Kim II, Elder Kim I, Sister You and Sister Allsbrook.


 Dream Forest Observatory Tower


 
On Wednesday Elder Kim I and II woke up really early so that they could do any last-minute packing and then took their bags down to the street and took a taxi to their new areas and thus Elder Crisp and I were left to have the pretty massive 4-man house.  Nice. 
 
On Wednesday, after studies, we met with Elder Crisp and Elder Kim I's investigator, 김상하 (Songha Kim) who is progressing really well.  We gave him a baptismal date for February 6 and he agreed!  He is super humble and has been reading the Book of Mormon and praying daily!  If all goes well, we could have a baptismal service next weekend!
 
On Thursday we went out to visit one of the less-actives in our ward who we visit every Thursday, but he wasn't home so we ended up proselyting for most of the day.  It was okay though because we met a lot of really cool people and taught a lot of really great lessons on the street.  Especially this week, I've been trying to teach the Restoration to as many people on the street as I can.  For a while, whenever I talked to people on the street, I would always try to steer the conversation towards Christ and coming unto Him, but a lot of people already believe in Christ.  The Restoration and the Book of Mormon are the most important thing that we can teach about, because they are what make the Church a church.  They are our special message to the world.  I've noticed that these past few days that as I've strived to teach message of the Restoration, that a lot more people are willing to hear more.  Elder Crisp and I were able to set up several return appointments on the street after teaching the Restoration to people.  It has been really cool.
 
On Thursday night we had dinner with 한석용 (Suk Yong Han) and his wife 홍주희 (Ju Hee Hong) and their family which is always fun. 
 
On Friday we watched the Worldwide Missionary Broadcast and it was so awesome!  I learned a lot that I think will definitely help me to work more effectively and efficiently to  find those who have been prepared to receive the Gospel.  I also saw Elder Bradshaw in the audience!  That was pretty funny.
 
On Saturday we met with Songha Kim again and taught him the third lesson and it went really well.  There was a point in the lesson where I was talking about the Gift of the Holy Ghost and all-of-a-sudden I didn't know what to say.  I had just had the thought that I wanted to say the moment before!  It was at that point that I realized that I had been talking too much and that Elder Crisp needed to say something.  I asked Elder Crisp what his thoughts about the Gift of the Holy Ghost were and he expressed exactly what I wanted to say but had forgotten!  It was so awesome!  Companionship unity!
 
On Sunday evening we went with our ward mission leader, 김영균 (Yung Gyoon Kim), to visit a recent convert that Elder Crisp baptized named 이상호 (Song Ho Ee).  Brother Kim really wanted to talk with Songho Ee's dad (who's not a member) because of some struggles that Songho has been having at Church.  It was really cool though because I really felt prompted to and was able to testify of how the Gospel blesses families and that the best way the dad can help Songho is if he listens to our message.  I told him that if he accepted it and chose to live by it, that it would be the best way to help his son.  We didn't set up a return appointment yet, but when we were leaving the dad told me how much he appreciated what I had said.  We're going to try and work with Brother Yung Gyoon Kim to try and fellowship the dad and hopefully help him to join the Church. 
 
Wow this week was so busy and this next week will be even busier.  We are seeing a lot of miracles in Jangwee and I am so excited for this transfer! 
 
I can't believe that this Thursday I'll have been out a year!  It's so impossibly hard to believe not only how fast the time has gone by, but also how much I've grown as a person.  I can also say now with more conviction than ever before that we have a loving Heavenly Father and He lives!
 
Oh what peace and joy this simple truth brings to my mind and soul!
 
Love and Miss Y'all!
 
Called to Serve!
 
Love,
 
Elder Huckvale
 
P.S.  Elder Brantley (our district leader) called me from the zone leaders' phone (they live in the same house) and then proceeded to apologize.  That was my response.


Some random guy Elder Crisp and Elder Huckvale met on the street who wanted to take a picture with them before he would talk with them.  :)


The North Tower - I think that is what it's called.


Where Elder Huckvale was a year ago - the MTC!  
With Elder Eads, Elder Shilling and Elder Stapp, all serving in the Korea Seoul South Mission.


 In front of the Provo Utah Temple.  
Elder Huckvale, Elder Eads, Sister Phillips (?), Sister Bell, Sister ?, Sister Jones, Sister Cameron, Elder Stapp and Elder Shilling.  His MTC District.  
Elder Huckvale went to the Seoul Mission with all of the Sisters, while the other 3 Elders went to Seoul South. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment