Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Week 50 - Yes, My Lord

Title - In "The Empire Strikes Back", Darth Vader is a Sith Lord and so a lot of times his "subordinates" will answer him, saying, "Yes, my Lord". 

Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 13:28:24 +0900

Hello My Adoring Fans!
 
This week was pretty great!  We're starting to pick up more investigators which is great!
 
On Monday we had P-day and towards the end Elder Kim noticed that his leg was more itchy than usual so after a few hours he looked under his pants and found a centipede attached to his leg!  It was so gross!  So there was only one thing to do:  Put it on Elder Kim I's desk.  When Elder Kim I got home that night he was the maddest I've ever seen. He even said "I am angry!" and kept saying in Korean: "What is that?! What is that?!".  It was really funny.



 
On Monday night we were also able to visit the guy that we helped move on Thanksgiving.  He likes the missionaries, but he said that he doesn't really have any interest in Church right now, but that he didn't mind seeing us every once in a while.  It's kind of sad, but it's okay, he might not be ready now, but maybe he will be the next time the missionaries contact him.
 
On Wednesday we had a zone meeting and it was pretty great.  We talked all about the importance of using Preach My Gospel more in our daily lives as missionaries.  I personally noticed that I had a problem not using PMG enough during studies and so I've been putting an effort forth to use it more and the training that we received helped.  It reminded me that PMG truly is an inspired manual that when studied and applied can make me become an excellent missionary.
 
On Saturday we did a lot of proselyting and it was a great day.  I decided on Saturday that I'm going to start doing something that I haven't done since I was a greenie:  when leaving the house saying a personal prayer to be happy and have the faith the talk to everyone the results were awesome.  I was able to talk with a ton of people and I was able to have the Spirit with me.  Our investigator, Ee Dongmin has been kind of struggling lately and he texted us and he seemed really frustrated.  I felt a really strong promptin to call Ee Dongmin and so I did and had a really good talk with him about repentance.  It seems that Elder Kim and I got overly-excited about baptizing him that we failed to really discuss thurroughly the repentance process with him.  It was a really great phone call and it was awesome because I was able to share the experiences that I've had with repentance and the Atonement and I think that it really helped him. 
 
On Saturday night we had the first-ever Jangwee ward Family Home Evening and it was a huge success.  We had two families come from the ward as well as some of the youth and others. It was really fun and everyone seemed to have had a really great time so I'm really looking forward to continuing to do it.
 
Well, it's pretty cold here.  Every time we do streetboarding I have to wear two pairs of wool socks and after a while of standing in the same spot not even that's enough to keep my toes from just about freezing off.  Also transfers are next week so we'll see what happens there.  I'm probably staying.  As for Elder Kim I don't know.  The transfers changed so now if you're transferring you just go straight to your new area.  So apparently if you're going to your new area alone, you just ride a taxi to get there or a taxi to the subway station to go out east to the less-populated areas. 
 
It's all good though.  All is well.
 
Love and Miss Y'all!
 
Called to Serve!
 
Love,
 
Elder Huckvale


No comments:

Post a Comment