Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Week 39 - You Must Go to the 장위 Area

Title - In The Empire Strikes Back, after Luke escapes the Wampa cave, he's out in a blizzard and half-dead. Obi-Wan's ghost appears and tells him that he must go to the Dagobah System.

Hello my Adoring Fans!

Well, this week has been really crazy.  There were a lot of really cool miracles, and then the transfer calls came. 

Anyways...

On Tuesday we saw a ton of really cool things happen.  While we were walking out to an apartment to visit a less-active in our area, I started talking to this guy next to me and he just happened to be really good at English!  It was awesome.  It turns out that he's a soldier and that he just happens to live in the same apartment complex that we were heading to.  He told me about how he used to be Christian, but has since switched to Buddhism after seeing corruption in the church he was going to.  He asked me what we were doing and I started talking about how the wife in the family we were going to visit was baptized but has since become in-active.  This conversation opened the way for me to teach him all about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, in English!  It was great!

After we got to the apartment and couldn't find the people we were looking for, we were heading back towards the center of town and this guy drove by and started yelling at Elder Kim and I.  It turned out that it was a guy that we had met on the street a few weeks earlier who is a good friend of someone in our ward.  He left, but we called him up and were able to go to his office and teach him a little about the Church and finding happiness through Jesus Christ.  It was pretty cool.

On Wednesday, I started an exchange with Elder Han in my district.  Elder Han is super awesome at working with the members which is something that I really struggle with.  We went and were able to go visit an art gallery for Chinese and Korean calligraphy that a member in our ward was hosting.  It was cool because her friend of twenty years who is a nonmember was there and we were able to have a short discussion with her about the Church and bare our testimonies.  Afterwards, she gave us these really nice books that contain copies of all of the pieces on display in the gallery.  It was so incredible!  Miracles!

 이승지 자매님's Art Gallery
A really cool Buddhist statue
 The Gate to the Temple
 Pretending to ring a giant bell
 A fun picture that Elder Huckvale took
The Tomb of the General

On Thursday Elder Han and I just walked around proselyting all day which was okay.  I've been with Elder Han for three transfers now and I've never been able to go on exchanges with him so we got to talk a little bit more which was really good.  He told me a ton of advice about working with the members that I really hope to apply as I continue to do the Lord's work.  At night, Elder Kim and I were out proselyting and Elder Kim started talking to a guy at a bus stop while I was talking to someone else.  After the person that I was talking to left, I decided to join in on Elder Kim's conversation.  I didn't really know what they were talking about because I had just shown up, but I felt really inspired to share with the guy 2 Nephi 2:11.  After sharing it he was blown away.  He told me that it was just what he needed to hear and that I had read his mind.  It was awesome.  He ended up not having interest in meeting with us again, but it was still a really cool experience.  Power of the Holy Ghost!  Miracles!

On Saturday we did a lot of practice for our art festival that we're putting on next month.  Afterwards we did some streetboarding which was pretty fun and then we went home to receive transfer calls.

I'm getting transferred.

I'm going to a place called 장위(Jangwee).  It's out back in Seoul.  Other than that I don't know anything about it or who my companion's going to be.  Recently, our mission president, President Sonksen, has decided that we don't get to know our companions before the actual transfer meeting, so it looks like I'll find out on Thursday!
Sunday was really awesome.  Elder Han is also getting transferred so we had to say goodbye to all of the members in the ward and give our final testimonies during Sacrament meeting.  It was a really good Sunday to end my stay in 금촌 (Geumchon).  It just happened to be the day that the primary program was on, so that was pretty cool.  Afterwards, since Elder Han and I are both leaving we went on an exchange and a family in the ward took us to like all of the tourist attractions in Paju.  It was really great.  Overall I'm sad to leave 금촌, but I'm really excited to begin a new adventure and to help the Lord's work in a different part of His vineyard. 

"I'll go where you want me to go" -I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Love and Miss Y'all!

Called to Serve!

Love,

Elder Huckvale

No comments:

Post a Comment