Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Week 37 - We Would Would Be Delighted If You Would Join Us

Title - In "The Empire Strikes Back", on Bespin, Lando leads Han and Leia to a dining room.  When the door opens, they realize that Lando has betrayed them.  The room is filled with Darth Vader, Boba Fett and his army of Stormtroopers. Han shoots at Darth Vader who deflects the bolts and then uses the Force to summon his gun and says, "We would be delighted if you would join us". 

Hello My Adoring Fans!
 
This week has been pretty great, just out here teaching, preaching, and learning like missionaries do.
 
So what happened this week?  Let's find out together!
 
On Tuesday, we had a lot of cancellations, but we still ended up being able to meet with 김동환 (Daniel) at the end of the day which was pretty good.  We ended up talking a lot about how there are no people that are better than others on this earth, but that every one was originally good and every one has the potential to still be good.  We talked about the light of Christ and I told him about a slogan that I have been thinking about in my head recently:  "There are no bad people, just confused children of God". 

Elder Huckvale and 김동환 (Daniel).  YEAH!!!!  I've been wanting a picture of him!
 
On Wednesday Thursday I went on an exchange with one of the greenies our zone leaders are training named Elder Beesinger.  He's from Utah, just graduated high school, his family goes back to the root of the Church, and he has a girl waiting for him at home for the time being.  He's a really nice kid though and we had a really good time walking around in my area and talking to people on the street.  It was my first time being with a companion that is younger than me so it was a pretty interesting experience.  I definitely gained a lot of confidence that if I had too, I could be a senior companion even though I still feel very young myself.
 
On Saturday and Sunday, we watched General Conference and it was awesome!  I never really fully-appreciated General Conference before my mission, but now when I watch it and actively participate in taking notes and stuff, it's a much better experience and I am able to learn a ton about the gospel.  I especially liked that the theme for the first session seemed to be entirely focused on remembering that exaltation is our ultimate goal and purpose in this life.  I don't know why, but I thought that was cool.  I also really enjoyed Elder Holland's talk about mothers.  Love you mom!
 
 #LDSConf

Elder Kim and I had to miss the second session on Sunday, but it's cool because we had an awesome lesson with 이경철 (Ee Gyungchur).  We reviewed the Plan of Salvation and taught about a ton of the commandments and it was a really good lesson.  I drew pretty much all of it on the board which he said really helped him to learn and understand the principles better.  He's continuing to read the Book of Mormon and tries to pray every day, but the only problem is that he misheard me when I asked him to be baptized and thinks that I invited him to be baptized in December.  We didn't really know how to respond to that one so I don't know what we're going to do.
 
Anyways, yeah, this week was really good and I'm so excited to continue doing the work of the Lord among His people in Korea.
 
Love and Miss Y'all!
 
Love,
 
Elder Huckvale



 Zone

Aaahhhh.... his voice!!!  If this works, I found it "hidden" in his email!  Woo hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment