Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Week 74 - A Day Long-Remembered

Title - In Star Wars, shortly after the Rebels escape the Death Star with Princess Leia, you find out that they were allowed to leave by the Empire because they were tracking them to the hidden Rebel base.  And then Darth Vader says, "this will be a day long-remembered".
 
P.S. Thanks to all those that sent Elder Huckvale a birthday card!!!  It really made his day!  Shout out to all the family, the Clarks' and the Jensens'!  He loved getting mail!!!
 
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 16:58:54 +0900
Hello My Adoring Fans!
 
This week was really great!  It was my birthday on Friday and it was really awesome!
 
On Tuesday we went to the temple and it was really awesome!  I was really wondering about some things that I've been thinking a lot about recently and I was able to receive some answers!  There ain't no place better to get away to to receive revelation than the temple. 
 


Elder Saunders and Elder Huckvale at the Temple
 
After we went to the temple we went to the American-style buffet, Ashley, and then on to 동대문 (Dongdaemun) to get some cheap neckties.  It was great!





Companionship ties.  :)

 
On Wednesday we had our district meeting which went really well.  I felt prompted to do a training on working with members and helping them to participate in missionary work.  Sister Shaver gave part of the training and she did awesome!  I was able to learn a ton from the missionaries from the district!
 
On Thursday we had our weekly missionary coordination meeting with our ward mission leader 김영기 (Yung Gee Kim) and since my birthday was on Friday he threw me a party!  He brought pizza and a sweet-potato cake (it was better than you would think).  It was really great and made this birthday already better than my birthday last year where I got transferredㅠㅠ.






 
And Friday was my birthday!  It was so awesome!  All of the elders in my house went all out.  Elder Tapan made me a sign and at night we went out to a meat buffet and all ate together.  Elder Brantley brought a cake.  That night we had a lesson with our investigator, 이영민 (Yung Meen Ee) at the church with a member.  The member that came isn't actually a member of our ward, but a return-missionary from our mission who has family in our ward and is on break from studying at BYU-Hawaii.  It also just happens that he was the Assistant to the President when he served here.  It was really awesome.  The lesson was awesome and we got Yung meen Ee to commit to pray to know that God lives and also to go to church on Sunday to the ward whose area he's in (he didn't end up going though because he slept in).  The Spirit was really strong and we were all teaching in sync with each other.  It was a really great lesson and afterwards the member that helped us, 최준규 (Jun Gyoo Chwe), bought me a cake at the Paris Baguette (a popular bakery chain in Korea) down the street.  It was so awesome!  I felt so loved by everyone and definitely felt like the Lord was making up to me for my last birthday. 




 
On Saturday we had our ward cleaning day and on Sunday we had our ward conference which were both great.  Today, since Elder Saunders is going home next week, our ward mission leader, Brother Kim, took us all to the Seoul Forest and we hung out there for the day.  It was pretty great.



"Dang it, Elder Tapan, and his selfies!"

 
I have felt so loved this week by everyone around me, especially my Heavenly Father.  Thank you everyone!
 
Love and Miss Y'all!
 
Called to Serve!
 
Love,
 
Elder Huckvale

Special thanks to Brother Kim for taking them to the Seoul Forest and then messaging me all these pics!!!















 

No comments:

Post a Comment