Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Week 73 - I Think I Know What He Has in Mind

Title - In Star Wars, when Han, Luke, Chewbacca and the others are hatching a plan to rescue Princess Leia, Luke goes to put handcuffs on Chewbacca and when he does, Chewbacca growls and throws his arms up.  After trying to reason with Chewbacca, Luke backs away, and Han says, "I think I know what he has in mind."

Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 12:06:15 +0900

Hello my adoring fans!
 
This week was great here in 상계 (Sanggye)!  We had mission tour this week with Elder Yamashita of the Seventy!  I got to go on exchanges with Elder 이홍빈 (Hong bean Ee)!  Plus we got to meet with our new investigator again!  Still working hard to find more!
 
On Wednesday we had mission tour with Elder Yamashita of the Seventy and it was awesome!  He came and spoke a lot of things but what I took away the most from the meeting was what he said about member missionary work and the importance of companion unity.  He talked a lot about how important it is for the members to understand the doctrine of Christ in order to progress in the Gospel after baptism.  We really need to work more with the ward here in Sanggye so I was able to find a lot of inspiration from the mission tour on how I could help them most and strengthen their desires to do missionary work.  As for having unity with your companion, Sister Yamashita said "Your companion is your greatest investigator".  That one got me thinking a lot about how I can better show my love to my companion as well as to other missionaries. 
 
Plus after we ate lunch, to help us stay awake, Sister Yamashita taught us how to make origami. 
 
It was a struggily experience.
 
On Thursday I went on exchanges with Elder Ee who's serving in 의정부 (Uijungbu) and we had a really awesome exchange!  This is his first transfer in country, but he's doing so awesome!  His trainer is actually Elder Hong, who was my zone leader when I was in 장위 (Jangwee).  I learned a ton from Elder Ee!  He's going to be a really great missionary!


Exchange with Elder 이홍빈
 
On Friday the elders from our district had a meal appointment with an older couple from the ward, the wife of which is less-active.  We decided to apply what we learned from the mission tour and share a message about the Atonement and repentance and it was really awesome!  At the end of the message, Elder Brantley played the guitar and we sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives".  It was such an awesome experience!  Nothing invites the Spirit like love and music.  Afterwards we went out and ate pizza which was good too.
 
On Saturday we met with our new investigator, 이영민 (Yung Meen Ee) again and had a great lesson.  He studied in California for a few years so he's pretty good at English.  He doesn't have a religious background either so it's kind of interesting teaching him because it's all so new to him.  When we showed him the baptismal font, he asked us "Is it a toilet?"  He also asked us if we get baptised with our clothes on or off.  Now to be fair, apparently there's a really sketchy church in Korea that does that.  Anyways, the lesson went really well and he has a really sincere desire to learn to repent of his sins!  The problem is that he lives in a different area.
 
Anyways, this week was really great!  Especially since the mission tour I've been thinking a lot about how on our missions, it doesn't really matter how many investigators we have or how many baptisms we get.  The number is not important.  The most important thing is that the missionaries themselves are converted to the Gospel.  The more I learn this and understand this, the more I want to love other missionaries and help them to come unto Christ. 
 
God could've done His work in a variety of ways, some of which would've been much more effective than others, and yet He chose to have His work done by imperfect and naive 19 and 20-year-olds.   And I'm one of them!
 
Love and Miss Y'all!
 
Called to Serve!
 
Love,
 
Elder Huckvale


 Elder Saunders' shoe, so that the elevator doesn't leave us stranded

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment