Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Week 67 - Chad...Now That's a Name I've Not Heard In a Long Time (Part 3)

He only gets to use this title one more time.  :)


Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 12:23:48 +0900
Hello my Adoring Fans!  
 
This week has been so freakin awesome!  We got a baptismal date and I got to Skype my family this morning!  Too legit to quit!
 
Let's take a brief look back...shall we?
 
Last Monday after we e-mailed we went down to my first area and ate Taco Bell for old times sake.  It was really great!


Taco Bell Product Placement :)
 
On Wednesday we had a really awesome zone meeting where the focus was on planning and I learned a ton about how to plan effectively and with the Spirit.  We took what we learned and applied it the next day.
 
On Thursday we met with an investigator that Elder Crisp and I met on the street before he left named 김다운 (Da Oon Kim).  In the morning during personal study I decided to pray and ask Heavenly Father if we should invite him to be baptized.  After feeling the Spirit confirming to me that we should invite him, I prayed to know a date and the date June 18th popped into my head.  I asked Heavenly Father if this was to be the date we should give him and I felt the Spirit confirm it to me.  During companionship study the next hour I told Elder Shepherd about my experience and invited him to pray about the date in order to fulfill the law of witnesses.  He prayed and felt good about it too.
 
Fast forward to that night.  We met Da Oon Kim at the Chinese restaraunt near the church and we talked with him a lot about our missionary life and how even though there are many mission rules, as we are obedient to them we are more happy.  I think that it really opened up his heart and then we were able to share with him the message of the Restoration.  It was really awesome.  Then we asked him if when he knows the Book of Mormon is true that he'd be willing to be baptized.  He said yes.  We then proceeded to tell him how much we had been thinking about him and praying about him and asked him if he would be baptized and he said yes.  
 
That was a really awesome experience for us and helped me truly realize how involved the Lord is in this work.  It also helped me realize that as missionaries, we have a more direct line to Him.  It was really awesome and definitely has changed me as a missionary and helped me to more fully understand prayer.
 
On Saturday we had our first youth activity and it was really awesome!  I didn't take any pictures but I think that our Bishop, 배성훈 (Bay Sunghoon) took some.  We had a water fight and it was really fun!  We got to get closer with the youth and one of the young women brought her friend!  
 
This morning I got to Skype with my family and it was so awesome!  It was really cool because some of my aunts, uncles, and cousins were there too enjoying the Mothers Day festivities.  It was so great and makes me want to work harder in the service of the Lord!  It's still almost impossible to believe that the next time I Skype my family I will be in my last transfer with only about a month left!  This mission goes by "mind-bogglingly" fast as my dad put it.  I can't even imagine what it feels like to be a parent.  I will e-mail my family one more time and that will be a sign unto them that the end is near.
 

Wow!  Technology!!!

Love and Miss Y'all!
 
Called to Serve!
 
Love,
 
Elder Huckvale


No comment.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment