Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 64 - See, You Can Do It

Title - In "Star Wars", while Luke is training with his light saber, Obi-Wan Kenobi has him put on a blast shield helmet so that Luke can't see the training remote.  After failing to block several bolts, Obi-Wan suggests that he "reach out with his feelings".  After a moment, on Luke's next attempt, he's able to block all of the bolts from hitting him.  Then Obi-Wan says, "see, you can do it!"

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 12:56:19 +0900
Hello My Adoring Fans!
 
This is week two of shorter e-mail times and suit jackets in the middle of spring!  Our mission president is trying to kill us!  Just kidding I love President Sonksen and understand to some extent the reasoning behind this madness.
 
Anyways...
 
Elder Shepherd and I had another really great week!  After weeks of not being able to find people to meet with, we're finally starting to find new investigators and it's exciting!  On Tuesday, we brought our recent convert, Songha Kim with us to meet a potential investigator and the lesson went really well.  His name is 김문형 (Munhyung Kim) and when he was young he went to school next to one of the church buildings in our stake, but never talked to missionaries before us.  He's great!  We also met a really cool kid while we were streetboarding that just happens to live in the apartment above our stake president and is friends with his son which was really cool.  He punked our appointment, but I think we can get him one of these days.  It was still a really cool miracle!
 
These past two weeks have shown me that although it's hard sometimes, as we exercise our faith, He will open doors for us to teach the Gospel.
 
This week were able to try out a new activity in our area that has been really effective in our neighboring area.  It's called "Talk with a Foreigner".  We did it at one of the local colleges and it was really fun!  We were able to find a lot of people that have interest in learning English.
 
Also, due to my lack of suit pants and the increasing need for suits these days, Elder Shepherd and I went to Dongdaemun market in downtown Seoul and I got a new suit!  It's moderately shiny.  It was really fun bargaining with the suit salesman.  I got him to lower the price $45 and I think the biggest factor in this was just my indecisiveness.  The Dongdaemun market is really cool.  I'll have to take more pictures the next time I go.
 
So yeah, this week has been really great and I know that the continuing weeks will be even better.  
 
Serving a mission is by far the greatest thing I've ever done for my life and it's helped me to realize just how much I need the Lord.  Without Him I am nothing and with Him and through Him, I can become everything.  Jesus Christ lives!
 
Love and Miss Y'all!
 
Called to Serve!
 
Love,
 
Elder Huckvale
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment