Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Week 43 - Boy Am I Glad to See You!

Title - In Star Wars, Luke is trying to find R2-D2 (because he ran away).  After he finds him, he's attacked by Tusken Raiders and knocked out.  Obi-Wan Kenobi chases the Tusken Raiders away and when Luke comes to, he says, "Ben Kenobi?  Boy, am I glad to see you!"

Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 12:41:16 +0900

Hello My Adoring Fans!

This week was awesome!  Plus I had the chance to see a lot of people that I've served without throughout my mission so that was pretty cool (hence the title).  Anyways, yeah, it was a really fun week.


 William, from Elder Huckvale's first ward, Sindang.  
William is currently headed to serve his mission in Federal Way, Washington!!!

On Tuesday we went out and did some 김장 (making kimchi (but this word is only used when it's winter)).  It was really fun.  We headed down near my first house in country to a community center where they had just prepared hundreds of cabbage heads and 양념 (kimchi sauce).  I wasn' actually making the kimchi, but I was one of the people moving the filled boxes across the room to be packed and prepared to be shipped.  We made it for a service project, but there was some left over that we got to eat which was really delicious. 



아니, 내가 너의 아버지이다
"No, I am your Father!".  
Elder Huckvale with his trainer, Elder Jeong.  :)
Hey, it's Elder Fisher!!!

On Friday we had planned to meet with the guy that we met last week who's really awesome, but he punked us and we weren't able to meet him over the weekend.  Dang.  This week was actually filled with a lot of cacellations.  It's alright though.  It happens.

On Saturday I went on exchanges with my district leader, Elder Moore, which was really fun.  He's heading home at the end of the transfer, so he asked me to teach him about setting goals and keeping those goals.  We had a really good talk about the importance of maintaining the level of spirituality that we have come to achive on our missions and also the importance of being accountable for the goals that we've set.  I helped him set some goals for when he gets home and I thought it went pretty well, but I think it made him more trunky.  It was okay though, it didn't seem to distract him the rest of the day.  We went out to the church and met his investigator who has a baptismal date and had a pretty good lesson with him.  Elder Moore and I were able to teach really well together which was cool.  Afterwards we went and did some English flyering with his investigator and at night we went to a music festival in the 동대문 (Dongdaemun) Ward which was really cool.  Sister Jones who came with me to Korea and then went home for a few months just came back to Korea last week and performed in the festival so it was really cool to see her again.

 Hey, it's Sister Jones!  She came back!!!  
(Sister Jones was in Elder Huckvale's District in the MTC and flew to Korea with him.  Unfortunately, she had to go home for a few months to have knee surgery... but got back to Korea last week!)

Recently in our mission we've been trying to focus more on doing member missionary work as opposed to street proselyting (which was what we used to do in every second of our spare time).  Working with the members and taking more time to go out and visit them has been really cool.  As part of our zone commitment from our last zone training, we were all supposed to prayerfully choose three members to visit each week.  So far we've been doing so and it's been really awesome.  This week we went to a guy in our ward's house and he had been planning on calling us because he needed some furniture moved around his apartment.  Looks like we showed up just in time!  Last night we went and were able to visit with the stake president and his wife (who are in our ward) and we had a really good message with them on the importance of family and we committed them and their two sons to hand-write letters to their other son whose serving his mission in Australia.  They really liked the idea of hand-writing a letter and I guess they hadn't really thought about doing it before.  Originally they thought that I meant writing an e-mail until Elder Kim specified.  It was really cool.

Also, since there are no sister missionaries in our ward, we've kind of had to step up a little bit and go out and visit the members more and this week I even made a message card for a less-active family in our ward.  It was more fun than I thought.

Anyways, I'm having an awesome time serving a mission and every day I find myself thinking about how grateful I am for every thing that has happened to me up until this point in my life.  I love the people of Korea and I love being in their service and in the service of my God.

Love and Miss Y'all!

Called to Serve!

Love,

Elder Huckvale

 The Observatory Tower at the Dream Forest.  Unfortunately, it was closed when they tried to go on P-Day. 
(A lot of "attractions" are closed on Mondays in Korea.  It's like their Sunday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment