Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Week 21 - Now Your Training is Complete

Title - Darth Vader says to Luke, "your skills are complete".  We think Elder Huckvale is playing off of this.

Happy 19th Birthday Elder Huckvale!  Getting transferred on his birthday!  Oh how fun!!!  As I write this, it's already his birthday, and he's already moved.  So weird!!!

Well, I finished my 12 week training which means that my first two transfers are down!  Also, I'm getting transferred!  On my birthday!  Yeah!
 
Anyways, after the whole 100-hour week last week, this week seemed kind of like a break.  It was the last week of training and we returned to our regular schedule which seemed way more easier now.
 
On Monday we had P-day and after we e-mailed we went to Pizza Hut across the street from the place where we e-mail and did Pizza Festival.  It was pretty great.  You just sat down and they just keep bringing out a new piece of pizza for you for 100 minutes or until you tell them to stop.  Plus it was only $10 so I mean why not?  Plus we got unlimited Mountain Dew!  The salad bar was also included but the salad bar is lame.  
 
On Thursday we got to meet with 경진수 (Gyeong Jinsu) again!  Choice!  Plus we had a member from the ward participating.  Choice!  We haven't been able to meet with him for a few weeks now due to various obligations but we met him this week and it was awesome.  We've been really trying to introduce him to one of the members of the ward who has a ton of gospel knowledge so that he can answer all of 경진수's questions and hopefully also help his wife feel more comfortable with meeting the missionaries and not hating our church and just church in general.
 
The weekend was really busy.  On Saturday we had a Zone Conference in the morning so that President Christensen and Sister Christensen could have one final conference before they left.  It was pretty cool.  President Christensen talked about the new mission president, President Sonksen, a little bit and apparently President Sonksen runs a peanut butter company which is really cool because peanut butter is really expensive in Korea because it's not a part of Korean people's diets.  So hopefully he brings us peanut butter.  The funniest part is that Elder Jeong and some of the other elders used to joke that the new mission president was going to own a peanut butter company before they knew.  Anyways, then we went and taught English Class and later that night we had Family Home Evening with the ward.  Then we went home and ordered transfer chicken and awaited our transfer calls.  Elder Jeong was away from the phone when our call came and so Elder Fisher (who lives at our house with Elder Jones) picked it up and then when Elder Jeong saw that he was getting a call from President Christensen, he knew was going to happen next (Usually the APs call; President calls only for special assignments) Elder Jeong got called to be a zone leader in 녹번 (Nokbun) and then President told me that I'm getting transferred to 금촌 (Geumchon) and I'm going to be companions with Elder 김태완 (Kim Taewan).  So our area's getting white-washed again.  Yeah.  Anyways then on Sunday we had Stake Conference which was pretty cool because they broad-casted it live from Salt Lake City and had Elder Christophersen speak as well as others from the Seventy and Auxiliary groups.  It was dubbed over in Korean, though, so I didn't understand what was going on at all but ya know, whatevs.  Then we headed back to the house to pack our belongings so that we could ship them today.  It's pretty cool how you can do it, some places will just let you ship your bags to your next house so that you don't have to haul them across the city.  So that's what we did this morning.
 
The rest of the week was just the usual-jeondoing and teaching.  This week one of the biggest lessons that I learned was that people still have their agency as well as the fact that not every one is prepared to receive the gospel right now but what we're doing now can prepare them to ready some day.  I taught the Restoration to two people on the street and had two really awesome experiences where good questions were asked and the spirit was felt very strongly.  Unfortunately, even after all my efforts to try and meet with them again, they decided to choose not to.  This was really annoying to me at first and I kept trying to convince Elder Jeong that it was that they didn't want to meet with me that was annoying.  What he ended up saying to me exactly I don't remember but I think what he was trying to say was that the fact that they ignored me is not annoying, the fact that they listened to me is a blessing; that they listened to my message and felt the power of it.  It's my choice to be annoyed.  This is something that I have really been trying to learn this week.
 
Well, next week I'll be in a new area!  It's going to be a crazy week!
 
Love and Miss Y'all!
 
Called to Serve!
 
Love,
 
Elder Huckvale 



 Sindang Church Building
Eating some Krispy Kreme! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment