Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Week 98 - We're Not Out of the Woods Yet

Title - In "Star Wars", after our heroes have rescued Princess Leia from the Death Star, they are escaping in the Millenium Falcon.  Before they get too far away, a squadron of tie-fighters attack them and Han says to Luke, "we're not out of this yet".

Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 12:28:47 +0900

Hello My Adoring Fans!
 
This week marks the beginning of my last transfer as a missionary.  That's really weird.
 
Anyways...
 
This week has been really awesome!  We had a ton of meetings in lue of transfers and the Christmas season, so we weren't able to do as much proselyting as we would've liked, but nonetheless we were able to see a lot of miracles and teach the Gospel.
 
On Tuesday we got to go to the temple!  It was awesome!  Afterwards we ate a cheap Korean place near the temple and then Elder Fehlberg and I went to the Korean War Memorial Museum!  It was awesome!  I've been a few times now and still haven't been able to see it all yet. 


The District


Elder Shepherd and Elder Huckvale


Elder Huckvale and his "sons", Elder Jung and Elder Fehlberg, and Elder Mortensen

 
On Wednesday we had our district meeting and afterwards we were able to go out and do some streetboarding with our Christmas Tree streetboard!  We made a giant Christmas tree on two poster boards with the question "What do you want for Christmas?" and then they write it on a sticky note and put it on.  It's been really fun to use and I think really fun for the people that participate.


 
On Thursday Elder Fehlberg and I went to the office for the a training follow-up meeting for all of the missionaries who came in this transfer and their trainers.  At night we were able to meet with one of our investigators and talk with him about the Book of Mormon and gaining a testimony of it.  He committed to read and pray about it!
 
On Friday, our ward mission leader, Brother 김영기 (Kim), took all of the missionaries and some of the ward missionaries out to lunch at a meat buffet.  It was awesome!  We  met and discussed misisonary work in Sanggye ward for the year and what we want to accomplish for next year as a ward. 
 
Saturday was a really busy day.  We ate lunch with an investigator and introduced the Restoration and the Book of Mormon and he accepted it pretty well.  We met with him last week and we weren't exactly sure how much potential he had, but he seemed to really enjoy our message and agreed to read and pray about the Book of Mormon.  After we met him we headed over to the church to meet with 한정무 (Brother Han) who's a recent convert who's been struggling to go to church since he was baptized earlier this year.  We shared with him the "Light the World" initiative and he really enjoyed it.  He felt the Spirit as we watched the video and discussed the importance of serving others the way the Savior would. 
 
On Sunday after church, we were able to go with Brother Han and Brother Kim to President and Sister Sonksen's house for his Christmas Open House.  It was really awesome!  It really felt like a good ol' American Christmas!  It was also really good for Brother Han to be there and mingle with people and be able to talk with some of the missionaries who taught him.  It was great!
 
As I get towards the waning weeks of my mission, I've been doing a lot of reflecting.  I've been thinking a lot about whether or not I have become the missionary and person that God wants me to become.  I see so many other missionaries around me who I knew when I first started who are now going home and the change in them is so evident.  I wonder if it's the same with me.  I've decided that I'm going to make this last transfer, my best transfer.  I'm going to offer up everything to the Lord that's keeping me from becoming like Him.  That's my gift to Him. 
 
Love and Miss Y'all!
 
Called to Serve!
 
Love,
 
Elder Huckvale


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment