Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 92 - No, I Am Your Father

Title - In "The Empire Strikes Back", Luke and Darth Vader are fighting and Darth Vader is trying to convince Luke to come to the Dark Side, and reveals that he is his father and says, "No, I am your father".

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 13:02:53 +0900

Hello My Adoring Fans!
 
Happy Halloween!
 
This week transfer calls came!  I'm staying in 상계 (Sanggye) and training again!  Elder Jung is getting transfered to 도봉 (Dobong) which is literally right next to our area.  It looks like I'll be dying in Sanggye!
 
What a great week!
 
On Monday and Tuesday I got to go on exchanges with Elder Baird in my district and it was great!  We talked a lot about faith and strengthening our faith which is something that I've been thinking about a lot recently.  It was really great and I was able to learn a lot from him!
 
On Wednesday we had interviews with President Sonksen! He pretty much told me that I was going to stay in Sanggye and train so I wasn't really surprised when the transfer calls came. 
 
On Friday we had an appointment with a potential investigator who's really awesome.  He's in his late forties and is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.  He took Elder Jung and I out to a meat buffet for dinner.  Although the meat was delicious, I've discovered that a meat buffet filled with a bunch of teenagers and college students on a Friday night is not the most conducive place for the spirit.  Him knocking back the bottle of soju too didn't help either.  Nevertheless he had a good time and wants to meet again.
 
And the weekend was nuts.
 
On Saturday after English Class, we went with our ward mission leader, 김영기 (Yung Gi Kim) and got 12 giant pizzas from a Costco-esque store for our Halloween party.  Once we got the pizzas, we headed over to the Dobong Ward building for the Halloween party.  It was really great!  Most of the Dobong Ward members attended and almost all of our YSA members came as well as two potential investigators and a few less-actives from our ward.  Every one had a really great time and I think that the two potential investigators that came felt really good about the party and were able to get to know some of the members.  Nice! 
 
Afterwards we came home and got our transfer calls and Elder Jung's getting sent to the ward where we had the Halloween party. 
 
On Sunday the daughter of a less-active sister in our ward got baptized!  It was really awesome!  The sisters have been working with her daughter for the past few months to help her prepare to be baptized so it was really cool to see it happen.  After the baptism we went to our stake center to do a stake music night.  It was awesome!
 
Afterwards we came back and ate leftover pizza from the Halloween Party. 
 
Overall this week was great!  I'm so excited to be able to continue serving in Sanggye and be able to have the opportunity to train again.  I've truly come to believe that Sanggye ward is the Celestial Kingdom of Korea.  I'd like to hope that of all things I've done in this ward that I could help them come just a little bit closer unto Christ.  But of all that I have done for them, what I have done is insignificant next to what they have done for me.  Sanggye doesn't need me; I need Sanggye. 
 
I know that this is the Lord's work and that He knows me and all of His children individually.  He knows what we need and what will help us most.  We just need to humble ourselves before Him, accept His will, and seek His counsel, and He will reveal all things unto us. 
 
Love and Miss Y'all!
 
Called to Serve!
 
Love,
 
Elder Huckvale

Elder Huckvale has realized that he's coming home soon, 
so he's taking pictures of the places he commonly passes by.




Elder Jung and Elder Huckvale, in the elevator, looking serious :)










No comments:

Post a Comment