Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Week 83 - Now the Circle Is Complete

Title - In Star Wars, when Darth Vader and Obi-Wan confront each other on the Death Star in a light saber duel, Darth Vader says, "now the circle is complete.  When I last saw you, I was but a learner, but now I am the Master." 

Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 13:17:03 +0900

Hello My Adoring Fans!
 
This week has been great!  There were kind of some struggles this week, but overall it was really great!
 
On Monday we met with Elder Brantley's progressing investigator, 김상수 (Song soo Kim) and taught him about tithing and fast offerings with the Bishop.  It was an awesome lesson!  Song soo Kim is so willing to keep the commandments and make the sacrifices necessary to follow Jesus Christ.  We taught him about fasting and committed him to fast with us last weekend!  It was great!
 
On Tuesday we had a skills workshop at the mission office and it was awesome!  We focused a lot on working with members and to my surprise, Family History!  It was a really great training and we were able to learn a lot about the importance of preparing our family history, especially with 추석 (Choosuk (Korean Thanksgiving)) coming up next month.  Even after being told a million times in my youth as well as on my mission how important family history is, I never really realized it until this workshop that we had.  We're going try and coordinate with our ward mission leader and our bishop to try and do a family history night for the ward.  It should be really good!
 
On Sunday, we met with Song soo Kim again during the third hour of church and had a really good lesson with him.  We focused on the Priesthood and taught about the ten commandments and the baptismal covenant.  It was a really great lesson and he offered one of the greatest prayers I've ever heard at the end.  He is such a sincere guy with such a strong desire to know the truth.
 
On Sunday night we had Song soo Kim's baptismal interview with the zone leaders.  After the interview was over, I talked with our zone leaders for a while and together we decided that it would probably be best to push back Brother Kim's date.  There are various reasons for this, but it's mainly to help him strengthen his faith and so that he can receive a more firm conviction that God lives.  I talked with him on the phone after the interview and He didn't seem disappointed or anything.  He's still willing to learn and hopefully when we meet him this week we'll be able to set a new baptismal date with him.  I think that as we really try to set a new date, He'll become more motivated to get an answer to his prayers and strive to follow Jesus Christ.
 
As for another one of our investigators who received a baptismal date last week, we're still not really sure what's going on with him.  We think that he might've gone to his church and his pastor might've scared him away from meeting with us.
 
Other than that, this week was really awesome!  Elder Jung is doing great and is becoming such an awesome missionary! 
 
This week was pretty struggily, but as the Fedora Hat Man from the Last Crusade said,
 
"You may have lost today, kid, but that doesn't mean you've gotta like it."
 
The work goes on!  As I was searching for scriptures about family history, I found this one that I thought was really cool and helped me to further understand my purpose as a missionary in the latter-days.
 
"Unto whom I have committed the keys of my kingdom, and a dispensation of the fulness of times, in the which I will gather together in one all things, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; and also with all those whom the Father hath given me out of the world."
 
-D&C 27:13-14
 
This is the Lord's work and He is gathering His children for His coming!  How wonderful it is to me to part of this glorious work!  How great is my calling!
 
Love and Miss Y'all!
 
Called to Serve!
 
Love,
 
Elder Huckvale
















MEAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment