Seoul Temple

Seoul Temple
The Market

Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 89 - You Will Know When You Are Calm, at Peace

Title - (con't. from last week).  Luke asks, "but how am I to know the good side from the bad?" To which Yoda responds, "You will know when you are calm... at peace."  

Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 12:10:29 +0900

Hello My Adoring Fans!
 
This week was really great!  We didn't really get to do that much in terms of teaching, but we're working hard to overcome our weaknesses and press forward.
 
On Wednesday we had our zone meeting which was really good.  Afterwards, I started my exchange with Elder Hipps, who's in his first transfer.  It was an awesome exchange!  It's always really refreshing being with a greenie because they have such great faith and energy.  Especially as I've progressed further into my mission, I think that a lot of doubts have formed inside me -- especially doubts about people.  Elder Hipps, however, doesn't have those doubts, and he doesn't have those biases.  It was great!  I learned a lot from him about being bold and having the faith to find those prepared to receive the Restored Gospel.
 
On Saturday and Sunday we watched General Conference and it was awesome as expected!  I learned a ton through the Spirit as I listened intently to the words of the prophet and his apostles. 



#LDSConf
 
Friday was kind of struggily.  We had set an appointment a few days before to meet  again with a potential investigator that we had met last week.  Elder Jung and I were really looking forward to this appointment and a member had already agreed to go, but on Friday morning we got a text from him saying that he wasn't going to be able to come and I was devastated.  I felt my faith weakening.  I kneeled down in earnest prayer before Heavenly Father and pleaded with him to help me feel His love.  I was expecting to suddenly feel an overwhelming sense of peace or the so-often-referred to "burning in the bosom", but neither of these things were felt.  My emotions calmed down a bit and my anger and frustration turned to peace. 
 
The next day we watched General Conference -- the feelings I had felt the day before still fresh in my mind.  Right off the bat, President Uchtdorf starts talking about the importance of the Plan of Salvation.  He illustrated an image of the pre-existence where we all lived with our Heavenly Father.  It was there that we all learned of our Father's plan for us and by our own free will and choice, agreed to live by it.  We all agreed to come to this earth and be tested.  We all have the same goal:  to return to our Heavenly Father. 
 
As I was reminded of this sacred truth, I remembered that everyone needs and wants to receive the Restored Gospel.  My faith in the plan and my faith to press on were both strengthened.
 
Love and Miss Y'all!
 
Called to Serve!
 
Love,
 
Elder Huckvale


Meat Buffet - always a favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment